Monday, February 15, 2010

Housekeeping

Hey guys! Remember me? . . . . . . . (mumble, mumble) . . . . yeah, me neither.

So it's been a good length of time since I've visited and I'm sure your faith of me returning and actually writing something worthwhile has withered and died by now. I know mine did. Even now, after poking around for a bit, I feel like a stranger here. What am I doing? I don't really know, but what I do know is that some serious housekeeping needs to happen. I fantasized that I could just plow on, pick up where I left off, act as if the most tremendous life-changing year of my life hadn't just occurred . . . . . but then I logged on and realized it wouldn't be possible. The difference in me between twelve months ago and now, or maybe six, no, even three months ago and now is much too drastic for me to ignore.

Upon this realization, I considered being done with blogging altogether. Time and energy seem to be in short supply these days and both are needed for me to create worthwhile blog posts. Ending all blogging seemed the logical conclusion to that chapter of my life. But then it occurred to me that I had so much I wanted to share, to document, so much I didn't want to forget. That was my original purpose in starting a blog over two years ago: capturing the moments in our lives that we want to hold on to or the ones we don't, but should. This past year has provided plenty of both.

So I've decided that I will continue blogging and hopefully be able to express effectively the experiences I'd like to share, but I think it's going to take more than just some serious housekeeping. I think it's going to take a whole new house. I'm currently shopping for a new location and again, patience is key here. There are some items that, while I really dislike their placement, fall a couple steps ahead of writing for enjoyment on the priorities list. Like writing essays for school. Oh yeah, failed to mention I'm taking college courses didn't I? Ah well, there I go with yet another experience to share for yet another time.

I think I'm taking one step forward, two steps back.

8 comments:

The land of Vegas said...

WEll, I for one am glad you are back blogging. I love reading your beautiful blogs and dream of being able to write like that. Thanks for letting me dream through your blog. Welcome back.

Meka said...

I'm glad your blogging again too! How have you been? We really need to get together if you are ever in town! Sorry we have lost touch this past year! I'm not exactly sure whats going on but I hope everything is going well for you!

Doug & Jessica Hansen said...

Yay! I'm glad you will keep blogging. It is nice to read about whats going on when things get to busy for us to skype a lot. Love ya!

ShEiLa said...

When you are ready to forge ahead... I will be ready to hear what you have to say. Goodluck with that housekeeping stuff and organizing your thoughts. Some days are definitely easier to accomplish that goal that others.

ToOdLeS.

Amanda Monk said...

It's funny-cause about a month or so ago I had a really strong urge to write about how great you are and how much I enjoy every little thing I have had the pleasure to experiance with you. Especially through a (looking back)small bump in the road.Like getting pregnant @16. You were always nice to me and so normal-Thank you. I look forward to you feeling good and finding that so many people are here for you! Yes, you are loved!

Corey and Haley said...

YAY :) so glad your back...And so is m boyfriend... he actually mentioned (that girl with red hair that has the funny blog) you the other day :) haha!

Blair and Ciara said...

I have missed reading your blog. You always have such great wording to express situations and I love it. Can't wait to read the future post:)

jen and brody said...

Never stop writing!! I love your eloquence! (Did I spell that right?) Whatever.