Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Winds of Change"

My throat is tight, my stomach is doing somersaults and the amount of information running through my brain is unreal and if it continues on this path I'm sure it will result in nothing short of a mental break leaving me passive and drooling. A change is coming. A HUGE, INCREDIBLE CHANGE. It's left my head swimming. Life lately has been a lot like my husband sneaking up and scaring the crap out of me only without the relief of realizing that it's just Gary. And I suppose the only one to blame is myself because it seems that I've asked for these situations I've been handed. Not specifically mind you, but generalized and without fully knowing what they would entail. I think Somebody took my words a little too seriously. And my goodness, some things have been incredibly difficult, but I wouldn't trade what I've learned for a do-over, a get-out-of-jail-free card. I'm hoping this coming change will be much the same in that the knowledge, love, adventure and experiences I gain will far outweigh my anxiety of stepping out of my comfort zone. Wait, scratch that, try ROCKET LAUNCHING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE TO AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ORBIT. There's no "stepping out" with this change. Stepping out is more appropriate when talking to a stranger or trying a new dish. This isn't like that. I suppose I do have a good measure of relief in realizing that I have Gary launching with me. The comfort that brings is remarkable.

Now that you're all sufficiently curious, no I can't tell you, at least not yet. You see I'm 90% sure that it's going to happen, but there's still that 10% left that will jinx me if I tell. I'm not gonna mess with 10%, especially with that bone in his nose and his voodoo spells. I'll assuage your interest by saying this: when I know, you'll know.

I'm intensely excited but equally, if not more, TERRIFIED. I'm worried that I may need that get-out-of-jail-free card.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Holy crap I am now so curious to hear the actual words. I hope everything works out perfectly for you guys. And don't worry, the terror feeling will get worse with time but EVERYONE feels that. :) Did that make you feel better ? haha

ShEiLa said...

Can't Wait!

Thanks for playing the game.

Brittany needs to eat a sandwhich.

and I thought #2 was true...
Brittany needs to have consistent mental and physical entertainment

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

ShEiLa said...

I just [need] to say.

You hair is the perfect color
and it is GORGEOUS! Yes. I am
jealous. I wish I had your hair.

ToOdLeS.AgaiN