Thursday, July 30, 2009

Taxing

Sales tax was raised in the state of Nevada to 8.1% and it's all sorts of messing me up! I used to be able to tell a customer their grand total without having to punch digits into the Point of Sale. Now I'm dealing with weird amounts and numbers. A product priced at $19.99 has always been $21.54. THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS! But the computer keeps telling me that it's $21.61 and that combination of numbers seems so strange and foreign to me.

Everybody else is mad because more money is coming out of their pockets towards sales tax. Me, I'm upset because I want my dependable totals back!

3 comments:

Blair and Ciara said...

Taxes here are always raising. I hate it because I do the same thing. I could almost tell to the penny what the total was before the computer could tell you.

Ashley said...

Hey, I recently sent you an email, did you get it?

Ashley said...

I just sent that email again to brittmarshall@hotmail.com. Is that even your email? Maybe I've been emailing a total stranger. haha that would be funny.